On successful completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Analyse the elements and principles of design
- Investigate local and global fashion design, sustainable textile trends, indigenous application of inks and dyes, issues of sustainability of textiles amd the fashion industry.
- Analyse, critically evaluate and communicate design ideas using a range of presentation techniques including social media.
- Analyse and think creatively when using digital media to communicate design ideas, conduct evaluation tests and checks.
- Demonstrate production techniques, including pattern making and sewing.
- Experiment with scientific and design approaches to define and solve problems relating to the physical, chemical, aesthetic aspects of fashion design.
- Produce two complete design folios demonstrating fundamentals of design and the design process, including justification of theoretical understandings underpinning the study of fashion design.
Australian Institute for School Leadership (AITSL, 2013), Professional Standards for Teachers (Graduate Level):
Standard 2: Know the content and how to teach it
2.1 Content and teaching strategies of the teaching area; 2.2 Content selection and organisation
Standard 4: Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
4.4 Maintain student safety
Standard 6: Engage in professional learning
6.2 Engage in professional learning and improve practice; 6.3 Engage with colleagues to improve practice
Standard 7: Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
7.2 Comply with legislative, administrative and organisational requirements; 7.4 Engage with professional teaching networks and broader communities