This task involves developing your own arts learning in the Performing Arts (Dance, Drama and Music), then finding and creating a pre-text, planning a learning experience or workshop, conducting it with a class or group of children and evaluating and reflecting upon your learning.
1. Complete the second set of arts challenges using your own blog to document your process and outcomes. Post the links on the forum for sharing this work and a short reflection (approx 300 words) identifying what you learnt each week.
2. In small groups, create a performing arts workshop or learning experience that links to a specific band of the curriculum and could be used within a formal or informal arts learning context. This should use an effective pre-text which will be a key stimulus for the presentation - we suggest using a piece of literature or story and creating your own digital pre-text product.
3. Deliver your learning experience, presentation or workshop (on campus students will present in groups in a school or context to be negotiated with your lecturer/tutor, distance students may need to present individually). The facilitated session should go for approximately 20+ minutes duration (this is a guide for time, but will need to be negotiated with the teacher/organiser), and utilise personal presentation and performing arts skills.
4. You will design and submit appropriate lesson plans to support the experience (at least one per group member) with an Arts focus. If you work in groups, lessons may be linked, but each one needs to have its own specific focus. E.g. they could focus on different art forms, or they could focus on a different part of a process that might run over several lessons.
5. Complete an Individual written reflection and evaluation. Evaluate the effectiveness of the selected arts strategies used in the presentation/workshop; reflect on your personal arts learning as a result of the planning and performing aspects of this task; and identify the professional understandings you have developed throughout the course with reference to appropriate literature.
Length: Blog posts + Approx 2000 words including lesson plan/documentation and 1000 words for reflection/evaluation
(Distance students must have a mentor teacher or responsible adult verify that the session was delivered and be willing to provide brief written feedback).
This assessment task draws on the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers:
1.5, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.6, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 6.2