This assignment will broaden your understanding of aviation history in Australia. You will need to scan relevant literature (textbooks, websites, etc) to explain Australia's history pertaining to aviation from the beginning to current events.
Your paper should briefly cover the following areas:
- The history of aviation. The development of the aircraft and the implications and limitations of materials, technology, etc., throughout its history and the people that were involved should be discussed.
- Milestones of aviation development matched to historical events.
- Economic viability of aviation and the main sources of income throughout the years.
- Key technological advances in aviation (eg. closed cockpits, monoplanes, variable pitch propeller, pressurization, safety equipment, jet engines)
- Historical flights and events, (eg., Bert Hinkler's flight to Sydney, Charles Lindbergh's tran-oceanic flight, Amelia Earhart) and their impact on aviation and its development.
The paper will draw on sourced literature and other sources. (Hint: Use the Library's resource search and online journal databases, (eg., Ebscohost, books, videos, etc.)
The paper is to be written in essay format, with an Introduction, Body, and Conclusion, and will be properly referenced using the Harvard Style. An abstract is required. Do not provide a table of contents. Pages should be numbered in Arabic numerals at the top right corner, except for the title page (no page number) and the abstract should have Roman numerals starting at ii. 2200 words maximum.