On successful completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate significant knowledge and skills in developing a geographical approach to studying societies and cultures
- Apply geographic analysis to a broad range of issues
- Enhance their critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Commit themselves to ethical action and social responsibility
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Develop self-motivation, and be thoughtful and capable learners able to work independently or collaboratively
- Have the ability to find, retrieve, sort, test and use information
- Have the ability to explain geographic patterns
- Apply geographic models and concepts
- Enhance their generic skills in information literacy and other technical skills and competencies relating to the unit.
The main objectives of the unit are to provide students with basic skills in developing a geographical approach to studying societies and cultures. It will give clear direction to students who have an interest in Geography with a more human focus and enable them to view, from a geographic perspective, contemporary developments taking place at the local, regional, national and international levels.