Presentation with Written Report
Design a presentation to be offered at a community education session to inform people within the community about the various trajectories of dementia and associated complexities of diagnoses. An accompanying report to present the background information for your presentation will need to be provided.
Step 1. You are required to develop a report that examines the various trajectories of dementia and associated complexities of being diagnosed with dementia. This will form the background for a presentation you will then develop. This report must be submitted to Moodle (50%).
Step 2. Design a presentation that could be presented at a community forum. The aim of the presentation is to inform community members about the various trajectories of dementia and associated complexities of diagnoses (50%)
· The report is to provide the background information that will inform the presentation and be fully referenced throughout. As a minimum the content should include:
· Outline the prevalence of dementia and discuss the contributing factors.
· Describe the common trajectories of dementia and explain how these contribute to the complexity of receiving a timely and accurate diagnosis of dementia.
· Explain the impact of the diagnosis of dementia on the person who has been diagnosed and the people supporting them.
· Make recommendations to address the impacts of delayed diagnosis on the person with dementia as well as how to support them and their support person/s once a diagnosis is made.
· Headings may be used if desired.
Your presentation is to be designed to inform community members of the complexities of diagnosis of dementia as outlined in the report you have written.
· Your presentation may be in the form of a video or multimedia presentation no more than 15 minutes, or a PowerPoint presentation of no more than twelve slides that can be presented via a zoom session with your lecturer.
· If you are using a PowerPoint presentation:
o You will be talking for 10-15 minutes via zoom at a time negotiated with your lecturer
o Develop a maximum of 12 slides.
o Information within slides should be referenced where appropriate. Provide a slide at the end of the presentation with the references listed
· Conclude with your key findings and the message you want to leave your audience with.
Requirements and Resources
· Include a cover page providing your name, the name and code of the course, and the title of the assessment.
· You can use course provided materials and other credible sources (journal articles, books) to reference your argument. The quality and credibility of your sources are very important at a post-graduate level. Many citations of a source may be a good indication of significance, although care must still be taken regarding credibility
. · Please use American Psychological Association (APA) referencing style. The CQUniversity Academic Learning Centre has an online APA Referencing Style Guide.
· We recommend you use EndNote to manage your citations and reference list, more information on how to use EndNote is available at the CQUniversity Library website.
· For information on academic communication please go to the Academic Learning Centre Moodle site. The Academic Communication section has many helpful resources including information for students with English as a second language.
Please submit your written report via Moodle in Microsoft Word format only. Do not submit in PDF or any other format unless otherwise negotiated with the unit coordinator.
Refer to Moodle site re how to upload and submit a video or multimedia presentation as part of your assessment.