On successful completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Formulate assessment activities for the purpose of monitoring student achievement.
Formulate assessment activities for the purpose of monitoring student achievement.
- Apply strategies that modify learning sequences, pedagogy, content and assessment in response to individual and class profiling data.
- Appraise the content of a proposed learning sequence to plan activities that overcome possible difficulties or make links to the prior knowledge of students with varying abilities.
- Select teaching methods with an appropriate level of teacher control and student responsibility to scaffold learning for students and groups of varying ability levels.
- Write explicit learning goals and task-specific standards for the purpose of explicit instruction and making consistent judgments on the quality of students’ work.
- Analyse work samples and assessment information to support the delivery of feedback and design interventions to address specific learning issues.
- Participate in collegial partnerships to improve practice and formulate responsive approaches to identified learning needs.
- Critically reflect on professional learning using feedback, self-evaluation and the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
Successful completion of the unit Professional Practice 3 – Managing the Differentiated Classroom provides opportunities for students to demonstrate aspects of Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at a stage appropriate for a pre-service teacher in the third year of a four year initial teacher education course. Specific assessment indicators that align the tasks and activities completed during the Professional Practice 3 placement with the standards can be found in the Information and Reporting Booklet for this placement. Artefacts, in particular those that demonstrate the ability to differentiate the curriculum for students with a range of abilities and the use of effective assessment practices during the placement, can be added to the e-portfolio as evidence of progress towards demonstrating the standards at Graduate career stage.
Professional Practice 3 demonstrates the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.5, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 4.1, 4.2, 4.4, 4.5, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 6.1,6.2, 6.3, 6.4, 7.1, 7.4