Assessment Description: Written report. You will prepare a Crop Production Plan for a nominated property in your region including information related with:
- crop production plan aims / targets or goals (e.g. grain production, forage production),
- brief description of soil characteristics and types relevant to the crop (e.g. pH, organic matter, nitrogen, soil types according to Australian Soil Classification, etc.) and location,
- climate characteristics and crop adaptation (e.g. rainfall, temperature),
- crop type and variety, including plant density (e.g. kg of seeds/ha, etc.),
- fertilization requirements, type of fertilizer and rates (e.g. kg of urea / ha),
- brief description of some key potential diseases, pests and weeds and control measures.
The Crop Production Plan will be in the format of a report (1500-2000 words) and includes an introduction, aims, main body addressing point listed above, conclusions and references.