On successful completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Apply your knowledge in Network Routing to solve problems in wired and wireless networks
- Design IP addressing plans for suitable use in organisational networks
- Analyse the application of wireless network technologies in different scenarios
- Compare and contrast the protocols and standards in routing and switching
- Evaluate and report complex ideas on emerging trends or issues in networking.
Australian Computer Society (ACS) recognises the Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA). SFIA is in use in over 100 countries and provides a widely used and consistent definition of ICT skills. SFIA is increasingly being used when developing job descriptions and role profiles.
ACS members can use the tool MySFIA to build a skills profile at https://www.acs.org.au/professionalrecognition/mysfia-b2c.html
This unit contributes to the following workplace skills as defined by SFIA. The SFIA code is included:
Systems Design (DESN)
Systems Integration (SINT)
Network Support (NTAS)
Configuration Canagement (CFMG).