Part A - Clinical Learning Goals
To achieve a pass for your Clinical Learning Goals your must meet the following criteria:
1. Identification and recording of a minimum of three (3) Clinical Learning Goals that reflect the Unit content and are inline with the learning outcomes of NURS12156 Clinical Nursing Practice 2.
2. Address potential strategies to achieve your Clinical Learning Goals.
3. Achieve the required word limit (+/-10%) – maximum word count – 500 words.
Part B - 2017 Competency Performance Assessment
The 2017 Competency Performance Assessment has been designed to enable you to demonstrate the development of professional attributes required by the registered nurse. The criteria in the 2017 Competency Performance Assessment is based on the NMBA competencies. This criteria will be used to evaluate your ability to perform your nursing role within your scope of practice and to determine your ability to meet the NMBA competencies as per your current year level. For example as you are a year 2 student it is expected that you will perform within the scope of practice of a year 2 student nurse and demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving and clinical skills applicable for a year 2 student nurse undertaking NUSR12156 Clinical Nursing Practice 2.
Assessment criteria and performance standards for the 2017 Competency Performance Assessment includes:
1. Completion of 120 hours of clinical practicum,
2. A self-assessment of your own clinical performance against the NMBA competency standards at both Formative and Summative stages of the practicum and;
3. Assessment and recording of your performance by the identified Facilitator/Preceptor at both Formative and Summative stages of the practicum.
Further information on the assessment criteria is outlined in the '2017 Competency Performance Assessment' available of the Clinical Moodle site.
Please note: You will receive ongoing feedback during your clinical placement as part of your formative assessment. This is to provide you with an opportunity for further development prior to your summative assessment at the end of your clinical placement. If you are not meeting satisfactory practice standards at any point of the placement, a support plan will be implemented in an effort to assist you to satisfactorily meet requirements. Unsatisfactory behaviours which jeopardise the safety of people in your care or that do not adhere with the NMBA Registered Nurse Standards for Practice, Code of Professional Conduct, Code of Ethics, Professional Boundaries and/or Social Media Policy criteria may result in you being removed from placement. If you do not meet each standard at a satisfactory level you will be a fail for the Unit.
Please see the CQUniversity Work-Integrated Learning/Student Placements policy and procedures on the Unit Moodle site for further information.
IMPORTANT: It is important you refer to the 2017 Competency Performance Assessment prior to and throughout your clinical practicum.
Part C - Reflection on Learning
To achieve a pass for your Reflection on Learning your must meet the following criteria:
1. Clear introduction and conclusion is evident in your reflection.
2. Reflective model is used to reflect on clinical learning experience and clinical learning goals.
3. Reflective model is introduced and headings are used throughout the reflection.
4. Examples of nursing actions from your clinical placement experience are used to support your conclusions.
5. Reflection on learning is presented clearly and in logical sequencing.
6. Required word limit is achieved (+/-10%) – maximum word count – 1200 words.
7. No or minimal (less than 5) spelling errors.
8. Clear grammar, paragraph and sentence structure are evident.
9. A minimum of 3 references are used to support nursing actions in reflection.
10. References list is included as per APA requirements.
11. All references are to be no older than 5 years.
Please see the NURS12156 Clinical Nursing Practice 2 Moodle site for further information and marking guide that will be used to assess your Clinical Learning Goals and Reflection on Learning.
For further information please see the introductory video on NURS12156 Clinical Nursing Practice 2 Moodle site.
Please Note: Only two (2) attempts at completing Parts A and C of Assessment 3 will be permitted.