Assessment item 1 – Online Quiz
Due date: The online quiz opens at 9.00 am AEST, Saturday, Week 4 and closes at 3.00 pm AEST, Friday in Week 5 in Moodle.
Time: 45 minutes
No. of MCQs: 40
Chapters to be covered: 1, 3, 4 and 6
· You can practice some self-study quizzes on the Burns and Bush website located at http://wps.prenhall.com/bp_burns_research_7/, Select chapter, self-study quizzes before attempting the online quiz tests.
· When you open the test, you have 45 minutes in which to complete it. DO NOT OPEN THE TEST UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO UNDERTAKE IT. You do not have the option of multiple attempts in this piece of assessment.
· Responsibility for access, ISP, browsers, connection and the computer you use (irrespective of who owns it) remains with the student. Failure of equipment is not grounds for special consideration, extensions of tests or special arrangements. Use of computers/computer labs on university campuses does not absolve students of their responsibility for having reliable and continued access to the worldwide web.
· Do not wait until the last day to attempt the test. The course co-ordinator will not open the quiz again for problems related to last minute attempts on the last day of the quiz. Those who attempt the quiz on the last day of the quiz will do so at their own risk.
· Students’ requests for an extension of the deadline for this assignment need to be submitted through the Assignment Extension System. Requests for reasons not mentioned in the CQUniversity Assessment of Coursework Procedures policy and not supported by appropriate evidence will not be considered. For example, if a student has been sick for 2 days before the assignment is due, the student needs to submit his/her request in the AES by the due date for the assignment and upload a medical certificate dated the day(s) of the sickness.
· If you have a problem within MOODLE itself, refer this and all other issues to the Course Co-ordinator and NOT to admin or teaching staff on the campus you are enrolled at.
· Refer system access problems (e.g. MOODLE login or password issues) to the Client Service Centre at email@example.com as early as possible.
· “My computer has frozen up during an online test – what do I do?” The first thing to do is “don’t panic”! EMAIL THE COURSE CO-ORDINATOR IMMEDIATELY FOR ASSISTANCE IDENTIFYING THE COURSE, YOUR FULL NAME, STUDENT NUMBER AND CAMPUS. Any omissions of this required information may delay a response.
· If a student requests a reset of the online quiz and the Course Coordinator agrees to that request, but subsequently the student does not complete the test by the deadline date given by the Course Co-ordinator, it will be deemed that the test has not been completed and a grade of Absent Fail will be recorded if the overall minimum assessment requirements are not met. Note that the determination of whether the online test result was affected by technical difficulties will be solely the prerogative of the Course Coordinator. Simply doing poorly in a test and then asking for a reset will not be considered.