On successful completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Examine and utilise curriculum frameworks applicable to subject areas in senior secondary schooling.
- Outline the content, assessment and discipline requirements for a senior subject area.
- Outline and justify specific teaching strategies, pedagogies, thinking approaches, processes and learning experiences for a senior subject area.
- Critically select and justify the use of teaching and learning resources for senior secondary subjects.
- Design and justify units of work and assessment instruments that promote learning, and match the needs of senior secondary school work programs.
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (Graduate Level) demonstrated:
2.1 Content and teaching strategies of the teaching area
2.2 Content selection and organisation
2.3 Curriculum, assessment and reporting
2.5 Literacy and numeracy strategies
2.6 Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
3.1 Establish challenging learning goals
3.2 Plan, structure and sequence learning programs
3.4 Select and use resources
3.5 Use effective classroom communication
3.6 Evaluate and improve teaching programs
3.7 Engage parents/carers in the educative process
5.1 Demonstrate understanding of assessment strategies, including informal and formal, diagnostic, formative and summative approaches to assess student learning
7.3 Engage with the parents/carers