On successful completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Plan and develop a series of design based activities for construction which develop practical skills associated with hand and power tools, machinery, safety and equipment.
- Apply the use, development and impact of design concepts and problem solving through the construction of a series of design based activities.
- Investigate how to plan, sequence, implement and assess design application processes used in the production of projects incorporated in the industrial technology and design teaching area.
- Critically evaluate specific applications of tools and equipment used in the manufacture of products for welding and thermal cutting.
- Apply appropriate workplace health and safety and maintenance practices when using hand and power tools.
This unit aligns with the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (Graduate Career Stage):
Standard 2: Know the content and how to teach it
2.1 Content and teaching strategies of the teaching area
2.2 Content selection and organisation
Standard 4: Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
4.4 Maintain student safety
Standard 7: Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community.
7.2 Comply with legislative, administrative and organisational requirements;