The economic sustainability of businesses is vital to the long-term sustainability and competitiveness of tourism destinations. Additionally, economic sustainability also enhances a business’s ability to apply sustainable business practices that promote environmental and socio-cultural benefits. This assessment is designed to assess students’ presentation skills, and their ability to formulate and communicate a clear and concise argument. Students are required to demonstrate their knowledge of theoretical sustainability principles and how these principles are applied by tourism businesses within the industry.
You are required to give a 10 minute presentation on a selected tourism business that you believe demonstrates the three core sustainability principles of the triple bottom line - economic, environmental and socio-cultural sustainability. During the presentation, you should also consider and discuss the role of governance in a business’s ability to achieve its sustainability principles and practices. You are also required to submit a hard copy of your visual aids (Powerpoint slides) and reference page.
The presentation should address the following:
· Clearly identify the tourism business being discusses/analysed
· Introduce theoretical concepts including sustainability principles
· Demonstrate how the tourism business has applied theoretical principles with practical examples
· Consider additional sustainability initiatives that the tourism business may inroduce
Format of the presentation:
· 10 minute presentation which may be supported with visual aids (eg Powerpoint slides)
· Copy of Powerpoint slide presentation
· Title page with name of tourism business, student name, student number, due date
· Reference page listing key sources of information referenced in APA format
Submission of the presentation:
· A copy of the Powerpoint slides, including a reference page, is to be submitted on the day of the presentation (hard copy).