The first assignment will consist of a presentation where you 'pitch' your advanced permaculture design project/s to your fellow students and facilitate the critique of this pitch from your peers.
The focus of your presentations will be on how the relevant stage of the permaculture design process will be applied through your particular design project/s. However, the presentation should also include critical reflection on the permaculture design process as a whole and you will be expected to present and critically evaluate permaculture design methods and techniques pertaining to the stage of the permaculture design process being covered that week.
Presentations will commence from Week 5 in Zoom and we will begin assigning presentation weeks and topics based on your preferences in Week 1.
Each speaker will be expected to present for between 15 and 20 mins.
In addition, you will also be required to facilitate critical feedback from your peers following the presentation. Please think creatively about this task and how to facilitate critique and the receipt of critical feedback while maintaining a collaborative and co-operative atmosphere through the zoom online forum.
You will also be expected to attend the tutorials in order to both give and receive feedback on individual designs and approaches to the design process including suggestions on:
1. How to improve designs and aspects of designs including site analysis, client briefing, zoning, sector analysis, budget, governance, marketing and so on
2. How to improve the design process and ensure permaculture ethics and principles are reflected at all stages of the design process
3. Challenges/constraints/solutions/opportunities that may not have been considered
4. Alternative approaches/methods/techniques
5. Similar projects/opportunities for collaboration
6. Additional resources
The formal assessment criteria for this assignment are outlined in more detail below under assessment criteria and in the marking sheet template accessible through Moodle.