Establish a Safety Science Portfolio
The purpose of this assignment is to establish a suitable storehouse for resources that support science-based safety. You are required to demonstrate appropriate use of technology for the development of a multi-medium resource. You will find it useful to consult the Assessment Resource folder on Moodle for help in regards to use of various technology options.
You are required to complete the following tasks:
1. Establish a personal portfolio for use during this Safety Science unit
2. Provide a personal profile and short biography
3. In 100 words or less, explain why evidence is important to a safety professional. Support your response with a minimum of two references.
4. Summarise the main points drawn from the learning material on scientific concepts. Include principles pertaining to science-based safety and ensure you objectively define terms.
5. In about 250 words, consider the information resources available to safety professionals (e.g. journal articles, industry reports, web sites, blogs, personal communication, codes of practice, Australian Standards, and items of legislation), and explain why peer reviewed journal articles are highly regarded when writing reports, proposals, guidance material, essays and general academic writing. A minimum of 3 references is required.
To submit your portfolio for marking, follow the below process:
Download the assessment criteria sheet for assessment item 1
Complete the personal details area, including directions to your portfolio
Upload the completed sheet into assessment item 1 submission area on Moodle