You will be assessed on the appropriate application of the following project management concepts in the development of a project charter for the project described in the selected tender. This assessment is worth 20% of your final grade for the subject, with a total of 20 marks, each mark is equivalent to 1% of the final grade.
1. Project Description (1 mark)
2. Project justification/investment appraisal (1 mark)
3. Project objectives and associated measures (2 marks)
4. High-level requirements (0.5 marks)
5. Assumptions and constraints (1 mark)
6. High-level risks (3 marks)
7. Summary milestone schedule (1 mark)
8. Summary budget (1 mark)
9. Stakeholder list (3 marks)
10. Proposed project lifecycle - waterfall or agile (1 mark)
11. Project approvals requirements (1.5 marks)
12. Assigned project manager (0.5 marks)
13. Structure of the project board (as per Prince2) authorising the project charter. (1.5 marks)
14. Clarity of expression, format, grammar, spelling and referencing. (2 marks)
Assessments provide the opportunity for students to demonstrate their knowledge and skills to achieve the required standard. To do this, assessment responses need to be both clear and easy to understand. If not, the University cannot determine that students have demonstrated their knowledge and skills. Assessments will, therefore, be marked accordingly including the potential for 0 (zero) marks where relevant.