On successful completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Describe the basic principles and importance of effective interpersonal communication, active listening and reading for
- Demonstrate teamwork skills.
- Communicate ideas effectively both verbally and in written form using appropriate language.
- Create and deliver effective oral presentations.
- Argue the importance of ethics, codes of behaviour, and societal, privacy and legal issues within the ICT industry.
- Demonstrate an understanding of common work practices and values operating in the Australian workplace.
- Assess how ICT can be used to improve organisational processes.
- Evaluate the application of emerging technologies to communication and collaboration.
The Australian Computer Society (ACS) recognises the Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA). SFIA is used in over 100 countries and provides a consistent definition of ICT skills. SFIA is increasingly being used when developing job descriptions and role profiles.
ACS members can use the tool MySFIA at https://www.acs.org.au/professionalrecognition/mysfia-b2c.html to build a skills profile.
This unit contributes to the following workplace skills as defined by SFIA:
Information Analysis (INAN)
Business Analysis (BUAN)
Requirements Definition and Management (REQM)
Problem Management (PBMG)
Client Services Management (CSMG)