On successful completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- apply user interface and software design principles.
- develop appropriate documentation for the design, implementation and testing phases of the SDLC.
- prepare a detailed design for a layered information system using appropriate design methods.
- implement a layered information system.
- understand the issues involved in software maintenance and how maintenance activities differ from design and implementation activities.
- Use SQL effectively in a range of different design scenarios.
Australian Computer Society (ACS) recognises the Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA). SFIA is in use in over 100 countries and provides a widely used and consistent definition of ICT skills. SFIA is increasingly being used when developing job descriptions and role profiles.
ACS members can use the tool MySFIA to build a skills profile at https://www.acs.org.au/professionalrecognition/mysfia-b2c.html
This unit contributes to the following workplace skills as defined by SFIA:
Program ming/Software Development (PROG)