This assessment piece requires you to locate and use recent (published within the last five  years) primary source material for your 200 word summary on a topic of interest to you. Your summary should provide a very brief introductory overview of what the key issue is, focussing on two important aspects of the issue that you have chosen whilst considering their value and drawbacks. The summary should be completed with a final concluding statement. In this assessment, you should aim to make use of recent primary scientific journal articles and case reports, to make your work as up-to-date as possible and to obtain the best possible mark. A video presentation on this assessment task will be available on the Moodle site for this unit, to give you further support.
The primary focus of this assessment piece is to encourage students to:
(1) Develop an appropriate research question/topic (any topic of interest – some will be provided)
(2) Search appropriate literature from academic/scientific databases
(3) Export the literature into a bibliographic software package (EndNote)
(4) Utilise EndNote to assist with appropriate in-text referencing (APA or Harvard) and develop a reference list
(5) Critically analyse the information and provide a 200 word written and referenced summary
Please note the following details:
• Text should be word-processed using Microsoft Word, with appropriate layout, grammar, spelling, and in-text referencing.
• All references will be required to be downloaded into EndNote. A minimum of five (5) references are required for the file with three (3) of the references including the accompanying full text manuscripts.
• The list of references should form the last section at the end of the assessment. Referencing should be in either APA or Harvard format.
• Please save/upload your EndNote library file as a COMPRESSED Library file with the full-text manuscripts included in the library (i.e., as an .enlx file).
*** You MUST use EndNote bibliographic software to format your references for this main assessment item. This software is available to both on-campus and distance students and is available for Windows and Mac users. Consult ITD for instructions on how to download this software. You are encouraged to trial this software early (week one) as I will be providing tips on its use and links to instructions each week. It is easy to use and very helpful. See https://my.cqu.edu.au/group/it-services/endonte to access the software.