MEDS13008 Vascular Sonography 2017 Term 1
Assessment Item 1 Group work - Oral Presentation
There are three parts to this assessment Item.
· Part A: Each group will produce a 10 to 15 min recorded oral presentation.
· Part B: Your peers will assess your individual contribution to the Group Presentation.
· Part C: You will critique two other Group Presentations.
The unit coordinator will assign you to a group for this assessment task. Group members will be from the same campus.
Part A: GROUP PRESENTATION (20%)
As a group, choose one (1) topic from the list below:
1. Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) of the arteries of the lower limbs
2. Initial diagnosis of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
3. Post Endovascular Aortic Repair (EVAR) evaluation
4. Fibromuscular Dysplasia (FMD) in renal arteries
5. Atherosclerosis (AS) in carotids
6. Subclavian Steal Syndrome (SSS) in carotids and vertebral arteries
7. Portal Vein (PV) hypertension
8. Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) of the lower limb
Prepare and record an oral presentation (10 to 15 minutes) using Power Point for submission in Week 8. Information on best practise group work and good presentation style will be available on the Moodle site.
In Week 5, you are required to submit a draft of your work for feedback from the unit coordinator.
Your coordinator will assign your marks for this presentation. Group marks will be determined by the content and quality of the oral presentation submitted. All team members will receive the same marks for this component.
Part B: INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTION 1 (10%)
Other group members will assess your contribution to the group presentation by answering 10 standard questions. You will receive a link to these questions via email in Week 10. You will be awarded the average of these marks.
Part C: CRITIQUE OF GROUP PRESENTATIONS (10%)
Each student will be assigned two other group presentations to critique. You will write a 300-350 words critique, in which you will comment on the content of presentation and the accuracy, quality and detail of the sonograms. The coordinator will assess your critiques.
More details about all aspects of this assessment are available on the Moodle site.