1. Discuss the difference between balanced and unbalanced operation of power systems
2. Analyse, using appropriate software tools, power system performance in both balanced and unbalanced modes of operation
3. Calculate fault currents and power flow in power systems and discuss the selection of appropriate protection schemes
4. Understand the power flow problem along with the methods of solutions and appreciate the relevance of power flow studies in power system planning and operation.
5. Investigate and report the process of updating and maintaining power network assets in order that they meet safety, reliability, availability, security, and quality requirements for both present and future society needs
6. Explain the difference between dynamic stability and transient stability and investigate tools that could be used to analyse the power system for voltage and power angle stability performance
7. Communicate effectively using power systems terminology, symbols and diagrams adhering to Australian Standards; and present design documents, solutions and calculations professionally
8. Work collaboratively and autonomously to solve problems and record and communicate clearly and professionally the approach used to solve problems