On successful completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Plan and develop a series of design based activities for construction.
- Understand the use, development and impact of design concepts through the construction of a series of design based activities.
- Apply appropriate problem solving procedures to enact the construction of a designed product.
- Investigate how to plan, sequence, implement and assess design application processes used in the production of projects incorporated in the senior year's of industrial technology and design teaching area.
- Recognise and apply basic skills sequences and procedures using design processes required for teaching cabinet making technologies.
- Critically evaluate specific applications of tools and equipment used in the manufacture of products for cabinet making.
- Apply appropriate workplace health and safety and maintenance practices when engaging in design and manufacturing activities.
- Communicate and work professionally in peer learning teams.
Australian Institute for School Leadership (AITSL, 2013), Professional Standards for Teachers (Graduate Level):
Standard 2: Know the content and how to teach it
2.1 Content and teaching strategies of the teaching area; 2.2 Content selection and organisation
Standard 4: Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
4.4 Maintain student safety
Standard 6: Engage in professional learning
6.2 Engage in professional learning and improve practice; 6.3 Engage with colleagues to improve practice.
Standard 7: Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community.
7.2 Comply with legislative, administrative and organisational requirements; 7.4 Engage with professional teaching networks and broader