This assessment is meant to check and demonstrate your progress in various plant topics covered in the course to the point of submission.
For calculation based tasks, marks are awarded for:
1. a statement of the principle and key relationship (20%);
2. clear step by step calculations, with explanation and unit analysis (60%);
3. the correct numerical answer (20%).
For descriptive/interpretative tasks cite and reference relevant supporting information and interpret it in the context of your response to the question asked. Marks are awarded for:
1. the quality of the background review, including a definition of the topic (30%);
2. the discussion of this information in context of the question asked (50%);
3. and the clarity of English expression, spelling, grammar, accuracy of referencing, appropriate length (20%).
Please submit your answers in a Word document (doc, docx or rtf). PDF documents will NOT be accepted. You can perform calculations or draw figures by hand and insert them as images (e.g. jpegs) in the word document. If you don’t have a scanner – take a photo on your mobile phone. You must make sure we know what question you're answering by putting the question number in front of the text. Please consider redrafting your calculations for clarity before photographing/scanning them. Blurred or blank images are not acceptable.