On successful completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Produce freehand sketches to visually define engineering artefacts
- Develop and interpret drawings that use orthographic projection conventions and sectioning conventions complying with AS1100 Drawing Standards
- Scale, layout, draw and dimension engineering CAD drawings to provide sufficient information to manufacture artefacts
- Draw and interpret 2D and 3D drawings using surface modelling, 3D solid modelling and rendering with CAD software
- Produce component detail drawings and assembly drawings including parts lists for engineering artefacts to AS1100 standards
- Demonstrate an effective, professional level of communication and support collaborative peer group learning
This unit assists students to develop the Engineers Australia Stage 1 Competencies for Engineering Associates.
Knowledge and Skill Base: Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 assist development of Elements 1.2 and 1.3.
Engineering Application Ability: Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 assist development of Elements 2.1 and 2.2.
Professional and Personal Attributes: Learning Outcome 6 assists development of Elements 3.1, 3.2, 3.4, 3.5 and 3.6